Jobs and schools promise to be top issues in next year’s city elections. The mayor’s education agenda faces its toughest test in the African-American communities that gave him strong support in 2011.
Join the conversation
We encourage our readers to leave comments and engage in dialogue about our stories. But before you do, please check out our "rules of the road."
Recent Notebook Entries
- Take 5: Elected board controversy, more on testing and learning time
- Comings & Goings: Foley, Hilsabeck, DeClemente, Shah, Papineau
- Take 5: LEARN charter opposed, displaced students, NYC centralizing power
- After closings, 1 in 5 children land at top-rated schools: report
- State board wants $730 million more for education, tackles CPS testing
Right Now On Notebook
Star Wars Commander Cheats
Four people from the South Shore of Quebec related to organized crime were arrested...
Star wars commander Android Hack
Québec City counted on athletes for the 3000 World Games but only half will be present...