Most drug violations in CPS involve an ounce or less of marijuana. Schools are quick to call police, yet rarely have the resources to offer education, counseling or other non-punitive help to students.
Join the conversation
We encourage our readers to leave comments and engage in dialogue about our stories. But before you do, please check out our "rules of the road."
Recent Notebook Entries
- Grassroots and union activists urge universal preschool in Chicago
- Dirty schools the norm since privatizing custodians: principals
- Take 5: Ames closure, school funding, high school quest
- Take 5: Karen Lewis questions, UNO and the IRS, Kennedy-King honor
- Take 5: Safe Passage expands, test score analysis, a new blog