Jobs and schools promise to be top issues in next year’s city elections. The mayor’s education agenda faces its toughest test in the African-American communities that gave him strong support in 2011.
Join the conversation
We encourage our readers to leave comments and engage in dialogue about our stories. But before you do, please check out our "rules of the road."
Recent Notebook Entries
- Defying state, CPS will test just 10 percent of schools
- Take 5: Education assemblies, middle grades to college, Duncan's pro-testing stance
- Take 5: Meeks to head state board, college credit classes, principal autonomy
- Emanuel makes big promises for schools in second term
- Take 5: Rahm's early childhood non-news and competing PARCC letters
Right Now On Notebook
As noted above, seems clear that the relatively new rule that allow principals to transfer students to alternative schools, along with the massive expansion in the number of alternative schools (...
PRESCHOOL - KINDERGARTEN
In the near future, I plan to open a private preschool The class membership, is 12. Staff will consist of one teacher, and one- two teacher aides. Hours are 7:00 A....