Jobs and schools promise to be top issues in next year’s city elections. The mayor’s education agenda faces its toughest test in the African-American communities that gave him strong support in 2011.
Join the conversation
We encourage our readers to leave comments and engage in dialogue about our stories. But before you do, please check out our "rules of the road."
Recent Notebook Entries
- Parents push for testing 'opt-out' bill
- Take 5: New rating system OK'd, Oppenheimer awards end, Advance Illinois report
- Another change proposed to rating policy
- Take 5: Discipline reporting push, CPS schools in football semi-finals and Senate Bill 16
- Most teachers get high ratings in second year of new system
Right Now On Notebook
As we all are well aware during the Daley administration CPS schools were depicted by that Mayor as overall showing improvement. In September, 2011 the U of C Consortium released a report pretty...
Les plus de gemmes que vous acquérez plus votre score. Ces gemmes vous aideront à mettre sur...
Subscribe to catalyst-chicago.org by e-mail
Union: Teachers ratify contract
Teachers have voted to ratify their proposed contract with Chicago Public Schools, the Chicago Teachers Union announced Wednesday.
The union said that of 20,765 votes it counted, 79.1 percent were in favor of the contract. The Chicago Board of Education must vote on the contract as well before it takes effect.