Jobs and schools promise to be top issues in next year’s city elections. The mayor’s education agenda faces its toughest test in the African-American communities that gave him strong support in 2011.
Join the conversation
We encourage our readers to leave comments and engage in dialogue about our stories. But before you do, please check out our "rules of the road."
Recent Notebook Entries
- Parents push for testing 'opt-out' bill
- Take 5: New rating system OK'd, Oppenheimer awards end, Advance Illinois report
- Another change proposed to rating policy
- Take 5: Discipline reporting push, CPS schools in football semi-finals and Senate Bill 16
- Most teachers get high ratings in second year of new system
Right Now On Notebook
Chicago Public Schools are free to opt out of NCLB testing, including the PARCC exam. Of course that would mean giving up the federal funds attached to NCLB. When you suck at the teat of the...
Shouldn't this "Animal Farm" board be tossed for and elected board for SURE?? I mean really...does anyone remember that book??
“All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than...