Most drug violations in CPS involve an ounce or less of marijuana. Schools are quick to call police, yet rarely have the resources to offer education, counseling or other non-punitive help to students.
Join the conversation
We encourage our readers to leave comments and engage in dialogue about our stories. But before you do, please check out our "rules of the road."
Recent Notebook Entries
- Take 5: Charter admission transparency; new political coalition and career ed
- Comings and Goings: Price, King, Okezie-Phillips, new principals
- Take 5: Former CPS official's credentials in question, progressive politics, summer school
- $5.8 billion schools budget gets final stamp of approval
- Charter school funding changes budget landscape
Right Now On Notebook
Please verify how you know that there are no salary increases as a result of more credentials. I am not from the Chicago area and realize that different districts negotiate pay scales differently...
Not for the principalship, but surely Ausl negotiated his salary based on his credentials....
Wrong is wrong