Jobs and schools promise to be top issues in next year’s city elections. The mayor’s education agenda faces its toughest test in the African-American communities that gave him strong support in 2011.
Join the conversation
We encourage our readers to leave comments and engage in dialogue about our stories. But before you do, please check out our "rules of the road."
Recent Notebook Entries
- Take 5: Education assemblies, middle grades to college, Duncan's pro-testing stance
- Take 5: Meeks to head state board, college credit classes, principal autonomy
- Emanuel makes big promises for schools in second term
- Take 5: Rahm's early childhood non-news and competing PARCC letters
- Take 5: Catching up on the news
Right Now On Notebook
If you wrote the comment about the for profit alternative schools, I would greatly appreciate if you would contact me... Sarah Karp 312-673-3882 from Catalyst.Thanks...
Here at Toronto Secure Locks we offer an unbeatable fast Professional
Locksmith service, so if you’re locked out, need your locks changing
or replacing or even need a safe opening we...