Most drug violations in CPS involve an ounce or less of marijuana. Schools are quick to call police, yet rarely have the resources to offer education, counseling or other non-punitive help to students.
Join the conversation
We encourage our readers to leave comments and engage in dialogue about our stories. But before you do, please check out our "rules of the road."
Recent Notebook Entries
- Latino Youth Alternative School teachers to vote on union contract
- Take 5: Dyett's future, summer of SUPES, Duncan re-thinks testing
- Concept Charter won’t open in Chatham this fall
- Take 5: Simeon electrician program, Lewis campaign, middle school dropouts
- State delays requirement for teachers of preschool English learners
Right Now On Notebook
It's worth noting, though, that the management group in negotiations with the Quest teachers and the "separate" management group in contract with the other three CICS schools mentioned in the...
Concept has many school in different states. A child's mind is easily sway; when a school teaches alternative concepts, turkish language and Concept has many schools in different states. A child...