Jobs and schools promise to be top issues in next year’s city elections. The mayor’s education agenda faces its toughest test in the African-American communities that gave him strong support in 2011.
Join the conversation
We encourage our readers to leave comments and engage in dialogue about our stories. But before you do, please check out our "rules of the road."
Recent Notebook Entries
- Take 5: New rating system OK'd, Oppenheimer awards end, Advance Illinois report
- Another change proposed to rating policy
- Take 5: Discipline reporting push, CPS schools in football semi-finals and Senate Bill 16
- Most teachers get high ratings in second year of new system
- Take 5: Emanuel on risky bond deals, charter closure, selective segregation, teacher ed
Right Now On Notebook
No integrity !!!!
Everyone from within knows what this is...
How could you possible respect a system with absolutely no integrity?!!!
Long time educators in CPS are truly...
I agree with you except for the fact that this teacher has a high rating/high student scores so if she was such a poor teacher wouldn't the administrator have used the rating system to get rid of...
Subscribe to catalyst-chicago.org by e-mail
In the News: State hearings on teachers start; Compton parents pull "parent trigger"
The CPS Board of Education Wednesday approved the appointment of interim chief of staff Nora Cargie Moreno. Moreno is currently director of Boeing's global corporate citizenship department, and Boeing will continue to pay her while she works for CPS. In a press release, board president thanked Boeing for donating Moreno's time and salary.