Jobs and schools promise to be top issues in next year’s city elections. The mayor’s education agenda faces its toughest test in the African-American communities that gave him strong support in 2011.
Join the conversation
We encourage our readers to leave comments and engage in dialogue about our stories. But before you do, please check out our "rules of the road."
Recent Notebook Entries
- Take 5: Dyett supporters ask for RFP to be halted; school ratings by race and TFA problems
- Take 5: Secret recalculations, education platforms and chicken nuggets
- Take 5: New discipline data; DFER to endorse aldermen and computer science classes
- Illinois gets second largest preschool grant
- More CPS grads are getting college diplomas, though racial gaps persist
Right Now On Notebook
It is time for the Million Teacher March!! I am serious...it's time...a million teachers need to march on DC Spring Break, We need to take back our schools! it would be so awesome!!