Jobs and schools promise to be top issues in next year’s city elections. The mayor’s education agenda faces its toughest test in the African-American communities that gave him strong support in 2011.
Join the conversation
We encourage our readers to leave comments and engage in dialogue about our stories. But before you do, please check out our "rules of the road."
Recent Notebook Entries
- Teen unemployment continues to rise in Chicago
- Take 5: Quazzo defended, Urban Prep to DC, teacher pension woes
- Take 5: Elected board controversy, more on testing and learning time
- Comings & Goings: Foley, Hilsabeck, DeClemente, Shah, Papineau
- Take 5: LEARN charter opposed, displaced students, NYC centralizing power
Right Now On Notebook
Re: "Debt amassed by teacher pension funds nationally has ballooned to nearly half a trillion dollars, according to a report from the National Council on Teacher Quality."
What is said is not what Clash of clans gem cheat in a game site? Is it true, really Clash of Clans...